Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Based on the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services directive issued as part the easing of COVID19 restrictions by the Victorian Government, our golf course will be re-opening on the 13th of May.
Please read the following important information regarding COVID-19 CoronavirusThe venue is working to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff is maintained. We want to address the growing fears around the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and share with you the information we have at the current time.
We are working to ensure our centre remains a safe place to visit and work. The health and safety of our community is our main priority, we always uphold a high standard of hygiene within the centre, however are taking extra precautions during this time.
We hope you will do what you can to take care of yourself and those around you, we also encourage you to use and support our community facility with confidence while it is safe to do so.
Please see the latest update on the situation below.
Remember if you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of the flu, cough or cold to please remain away from the centre until you are feeling 100%.
The course will be open from 13 May 2020
Update - 24/05/2020 11:00am
Update - 11/05/2020 5:00pm
Update - 29/03/2020 10:00am
To our valued Members and Guests,
Following the industry recommendation issued by Golf Australia, we are closing the course from COB 29 March 2020.
"Based on the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services directive issued as part of the Victorian Government’s Stage 2 restrictions regarding COVID-19, all golf clubs and facilities should close as soon as practicable until further notice."
As soon as we are all-clear to reopen, you’ll be the first to know!
All memberships have been suspended effective/immediately. All paid-in-full memberships will have their expiry date extended by the duration of the closure. We will continue to keep you updated, as any government decisions are announced.
In an effort to ensure you, our valued members can continue to keep fit and active in the comfort of your own home, members will be able to access our exclusive ‘Home Fitness Network’ offering.
We thank you for your cooperation and support.
Yours in Health,
Update - 19/03/2020 11:00am
As the COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid rate, we continue to closely monitor the situation. This morning Prime Minister Scott Morrison addressed Australia with updated Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures, to further protect Australians. These measures came into effect at 5pm (AEST) today.
The key measure which relates to health, fitness and leisure facilities includes:
‘Settings like gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools are not required to close at this time providing they meet these requirements for social distancing and hand hygiene. Such venues should take actions to ensure regular high standards of environmental cleaning take place.’
In line with this measure, the following measures must be practiced by all who visit our Centre, including our staff:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons
- Keep up high hygiene practices, including using hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles need to be available, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
It’s important to remember that maintaining our physical and mental health is extremely important on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, we’d like to remind you that the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene are being maintained within our facilities. This includes:
- Updated signage: we’ve updated in-centre signage to include the latest information and hygiene practices as advised by the Australian Government
- Additional cleaning of the facility throughout the day; including frequent sanitisation of equipment, surfaces, bathrooms and other areas.
- Additional sanitisers and antibacterial products for your use
- Daily staff meetings, ensuring everyone is up to date with the latest information
Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you updated with any changes and developments as they occur.
Update - 18/03/2020 5:00pm
Our Course is open for business!
We have been closely monitoring the escalating coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community and across the country.
We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised. However, we are aware of the potential for an infection within our facility and would like to update you on the precautionary measures that we have taken within our course.
We understand that some of these measures may be inconvenient, but they have been put in place to ensure that we are doing everything possible to proactively prevent an outbreak within our facility.
Please note that the measures listed below are being reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with advice from the government and World Health Organisation.
Hygiene Action Plan
- Signage in facilities displaying up-to-date health alerts, hygiene advice and other essential information
- Please ensure that you wipe down all equipment thoroughly with a towel after using
- Showering and washing prior to entering the pool
- Please use hand-wash facilities in the bathroom
Operational changes that are being implemented and encouraged at the facility that will help reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 include:
- Remove use of member cards in place of providing member number at point of sale purchases
- Remove shared items such as complimentary cheese and crackers
- Where possible, leave doors ajar removing the need to push doors open or turn door knobs
- Additional hand sanitiser around facility
- No hand shaking hands or dollar bets
- Use of drink trays for rounds of drinks
- Removal of items such as shoe cleaners, sun creams, hair brushes and combs, hair gel and hair dryers from locker rooms
- Sanitising motorised carts, push buggy and sand bucket handles, air compressor handles, before and after use
- Encouraging golfers to wear their putting glove when removing the flag stick and when raking bunkers
- Removal of cash transactions. We encourage ‘Pay-Wave’ transactions where no contact is required
- Remove small pins from practice putting greens
- For anyone experiencing flu, cough and cold symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting the facility.
- If you did visit the facility when you were unwell, we ask that you advise the facility manager by phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our responsibility to minimise risk of transmission within our course and facilities to our team and members.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
What are we doing to minimise health risks at the course and facilities?
The course and facility will be vigilant in implementing infection control procedures including daily cleaning in accordance with normal protocols, the promotion of healthy hygiene habits and will make hand sanitiser available for staff and patrons to use.
What information and advice will help our members?
For now, the best advice is to follow some simple steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection. Follow the information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, from Department of Health website
Can I suspend my membership, given the current situation?
All golf memberships can be put on free suspension, please contact the team to manage this.
If I have or am undergoing a period of self-isolation, what happens to my membership?
If you are showing symptoms or have been recommended by a Health Professional to self isolate, you should be staying at home and minimising contact with others. Please contact the team to discuss your free suspensions options.
What happens to Golf Lessons that I have booked?
If you have any Golf Lessons that need be amended, please contact your Golf Pro directly.
What if I or a group member has traveled recently?
We ask that members, guests, and the general public wishing to access our course adhere to the health and travel declaration and practice good personal hygiene. If they feel unwell, they should not come to the club and instead, seek immediate medical attention. Keeping the course safe is a collective effort from everyone.
Are casual rounds still available for purchase?
Casual rounds and bookings are still available.